Saturday, September 25, 2010

Consumed

The last few weeks have been really crazy for me. I seem to be consumed by two things: my new job and the purchase of our home. In my spare time I'm trying to fix meals and pack.

The new job is going pretty well. I'm not totally comfortable with it yet; there is just so much to learn. The kids are settling in to our classroom routine and the four teachers are adjusting to working with each other and figuring out who's responsible for what. I will feel a little more prepared once I can get all my teaching stuff out of storage and have access to it.

I wish that I could say that the whole home purchasing thing was progressing smoothly, but I'd be lying if I did. It seems like it's been an uphill battle from the beginning. The type of loan we got requires that all household income be reported. I wasn't working when we starting the buying process, but once I got a paycheck, it had to be reported to the mortgage company. So of course we had to re-do that paper work. Then, since I had been added to the loan, I had to be added to the purchase agreement; more paperwork. Our closing date was originally for the 21st. Then it got move to the 24th. Now it will be the 28th.

This will be a crazy week as we close Tuesday morning before I go to work. By the time I get off, friends will already be at our apartment loading up the truck. I will just meet them at the new house. Then, just 72 hours later, Zach and his family will arrive for a visit. Since I work all week, my evenings will be very busy trying to get unpacked enough for two preschoolers and a crawling baby to be in my house! Pray for me as we make this move and get settled in.

No comments: